Medical Billing Ontario Jobs
Apply now using the form below!
We offer rewarding, flexible jobs doing Ontario medical billing from home to certified bookkeepers.
If you are looking to apply for regular, non-medical bookkeeping work, click here.
Current Status as of Oct 2, 2019:
- We are looking for a 25-40 hour a week virtual OHIP medical billing specialist.
We are a well-run, forward-thinking firm with professional clients. We are based in Burlington, Ontario but you could be anywhere in Ontario (or even anywhere in Canada as long as you have OHIP billing expertise).
You will receive support and coaching from me, Jonathan, the owner. I started my career as a Brand Manager at Procter & Gamble and have spent the past 11 years managing a virtual team of marketers with Strategy Cube, my other firm. You can read about me on our Strategy Cube website and my LinkedIn page.
Our team of virtual bookkeepers tell us they value:
- The flexibility of the work which enables them to care for their families and still build their careers and enjoy meaningful work.
- Being part of a team for encouragement and support.
- The quality of the clients we attract.
- The reward of building good relationships with clients over time.
- That we use the latest cloud-based software tools that they find efficient and useful.
- The support and coaching I provide.
- You would be doing medical billing for Ontario doctors and general bookkeeping including monthly reconciliations, payroll, sales tax management, invoicing and bill payment.
- This role will start at 10-20 hours a week and could grow to 25-40 hours per week within 1-2 months based on how fast you can ramp up.
- We only use QuickBooksOnline and Xero for accounting.
- You need to be comfortable learning new software quickly. In addition to the above, we use HubDoc, Plooto, Wagepoint, Harvest, Asana, Slack and Zoom but there are new tools coming out on a regular basis and we will always want to help our clients use the latest and best tools.
OHIP medical billing job fit criteria:
To be a good fit for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You are legally able to work in Canada and you are physically located in Canada.
- You are a certified bookkeeper with a certification from an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution.
- You have at least three years of cumulative Ontario medical billing and bookkeeping experience.
- You speak, read and write English at a native speaker level.
- You are looking for between 25 to 40 hours per week of 9-5 daytime, ongoing medical billing and bookkeeping work.
- You have a secure, private computer that is used only for your work and never used by anyone except you, fast internet and a suitable, professional office or a secure, quiet room in your home to conduct video conference meetings from during the day.
- You want to work as a contractor, not as an employee.
- You have some existing bookkeeping clients and plan to keep them (we would like you to, to maintain your status as a contractor) or are willing to get some within the coming months.
- You need to be able to update your client's books at least every three days and you need to be able to return emails within 2-3 hours on weekdays.
- You are certified in one of Xero or QuickBooksOnline which are the only accounting systems we use.