Virtual Bookkeeping Jobs in Canada
Apply now using the form below!
We offer rewarding, part-time, virtual bookkeeping jobs in Canada to certified bookkeepers.
Current Status as of June 6, 2019:
- We are looking for a 25-40 hour a week virtual bookkeeper certified in Quickbooks and/or Xero.
We are a well-managed company with good clients and you can expect coaching and support from your manager, Jonathan. Jonathan is a former Procter & Gamble Brand Manager with extensive training and experience in managing teams.
Our team of virtual bookkeepers tell me they appreciate:
- Being part of a team for support and encouragement
- The flexibility of the role which allows them to take care of their families and still enjoy meaningful work and build their careers
- The quality of the clients we attract and the rewarding feeling of building good relationships with them over time
- The ability to get help from a CGA on our team for difficult problems
- The coaching and support I provide
- That we use state of the art software tools that they find efficient and useful
Details of the role:
- You would be doing general bookkeeping including monthly reconciliations, sales tax management, payroll, invoicing and bill payment.
- This role will start at 10-20 hours per week and could grow to 25-40 hours per week within 1-2 months based on how fast you want to ramp up.
- We only use Xero and QuickBooksOnline for accounting.
- You need to be comfortable learning new software quickly. In addition to the above, we use HubDoc, Plooto, Wagepoint, Harvest, Asana, Slack and Zoom but there are new tools coming out on a regular basis and we will always want to help our clients use the latest and best tools.
Virtual bookkeeper job fit criteria:
To be considered a good fit for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You are legally able to work in Canada and you are physically based in Canada.
- You are a qualified, certified bookkeeper with a certification from a recognized Canadian college or program.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of cumulative Canadian bookkeeping experience.
- You speak, read and write English at a native speaker or fully bilingual level.
- You are looking for between 25 to 40 hours per week of primarily 9-5 daytime, ongoing bookkeeping work.
- You have your own computer, fast internet and a suitable, professional office or quiet room in your home to conduct video conference meetings from during the day.
- You want to work as a contractor, not as an employee.
- You have a couple of existing bookkeeping clients and plan to keep them (we need you to, to maintain your status as a contractor) or are willing to secure some within the next few months.
- You need to be able to update the client's books at least every 3 days and you need to be able to return emails within 2-3 hours on weekdays.
- You are certified in one of QuickBooksOnline or Xero. Xero and QBO are the only accounting systems we use.