Virtual Bookkeeping Jobs in Canada
Apply now using the form below!
Current Status as of May 7, 2020:
- We are looking for a 25-40 hour a week virtual bookkeeper certified in Xero or QuickBooksOnline. Shopify or Amazon e-commerce bookkeeping experience would be a great asset.
We are a well-managed company with good clients and you can expect coaching and support from your manager, Jonathan. Jonathan is a former Procter & Gamble Brand Manager with extensive training and experience in managing teams.
Our team of virtual bookkeepers tell me they appreciate:
- Being part of a team for support and encouragement
- The flexibility of the role which allows them to take care of their families and still enjoy meaningful work and build their careers
- The quality of the clients we attract and the rewarding feeling of building good relationships with them over time
- The coaching and support I provide
- That we use state of the art software tools that they find efficient and useful
Details of the role:
- You would be doing general bookkeeping including monthly reconciliations, sales tax management, payables & receivables, payroll, invoicing and bill payment.
- Our clients are very smart, urban business people, mostly in software, e-commerce, agencies, professional services, virtual events, holding companies, real estate, massage therapy and chiropractic. They are mostly in Ontario and BC. We do have a commercial bakery but other than them, we have no restaurants, physical retailers, manufacturing, farming or trades clients.
- It's a client facing role rather than a hidden-in-the-background role. You will work directly with the client to understand their needs and set expectations.
- You will own the client management and need to be comfortable estimating hours and costs for work and discussing scope of work with clients.
- This role will start at 5-10 hours per week and could grow to 25-40 hours per week within 3-5 months based on how fast you want to ramp up.
- We only use Xero and QuickBooksOnline for accounting. The skills we really need now are Xero and e-commerce integration experience.
- You need to be comfortable learning new software quickly. In addition to the above, we use HubDoc, Plooto, Wagepoint, ReceiptBank, WayPay, G-Suite, Financial Cents, Slack, Harvest and Zoom but there are new tools coming out on a regular basis and we will always want to help our clients use the latest and best tools.
Virtual bookkeeper job fit criteria:
To be considered a good fit for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You are legally able to work in Canada and you are physically based in Canada.
- You are a qualified, certified bookkeeper with a bookkeeping or accounting certification from a recognized Canadian college or program. We have a strong preference for candidates with CPB from IPBC or RPB from CBA certifications.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of cumulative Canadian bookkeeping experience.
- You speak, read and write English at a native speaker or fully bilingual level.
- You are looking for between 25 to 40 hours per week of primarily 9-5 daytime, ongoing bookkeeping work.
- You have your own computer, fast internet and a suitable, professional office or quiet room in your home to conduct video conference meetings from during the day.
- You want to work as a contractor, not as an employee.
- You have a couple of existing bookkeeping clients and plan to keep them (we need you to, to maintain your status as a contractor) or are willing to secure some within the next few months.
- You need to be able to update the client's books at least every 3 days and you need to be able to return emails within 2-3 hours on weekdays.
- You are certified in Xero or Quickbooks Online. Xero and QBO are the only accounting systems we use.