Virtual Bookkeeping Jobs in Canada
Apply now using the form below!
We offer rewarding, part-time, virtual bookkeeping jobs in Canada to certified bookkeepers.
We are also looking for OHIP medical billing contractors.
Current Status as of March 17, 2020:
- We won't be hiring for 6 months.
- When we do, we will be looking for a 25-40 hour a week virtual bookkeeper certified in Xero. Shopify or Amazon e-commerce bookkeeping experience would be a great asset.
We are a well-managed company with good clients and you can expect coaching and support from your manager, Jonathan. Jonathan is a former Procter & Gamble Brand Manager with extensive training and experience in managing teams.
Our team of virtual bookkeepers tell me they appreciate:
- Being part of a team for support and encouragement
- The flexibility of the role which allows them to take care of their families and still enjoy meaningful work and build their careers
- The quality of the clients we attract and the rewarding feeling of building good relationships with them over time
- The coaching and support I provide
- That we use state of the art software tools that they find efficient and useful
Details of the role:
- You would be doing general bookkeeping including monthly reconciliations, sales tax management, payroll, invoicing and bill payment.
- This role will start at 10-20 hours per week and could grow to 25-40 hours per week within 1-2 months based on how fast you want to ramp up.
- We only use Xero and QuickBooksOnline for accounting. The skills we really need now are Xero and e-commerce integration experience.
- You need to be comfortable learning new software quickly. In addition to the above, we use HubDoc, Plooto, Wagepoint, ReceiptBank, WayPay, Harvest, Aero Workflow, Slack and Zoom but there are new tools coming out on a regular basis and we will always want to help our clients use the latest and best tools.
Virtual bookkeeper job fit criteria:
To be considered a good fit for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You are legally able to work in Canada and you are physically based in Canada.
- You are a qualified, certified bookkeeper with a bookkeeping or accounting certification from a recognized Canadian college or program. We have a strong preference for candidates with CPB from IPBC or RPB from CBA certifications.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of cumulative Canadian bookkeeping experience.
- You speak, read and write English at a native speaker or fully bilingual level.
- You are looking for between 25 to 40 hours per week of primarily 9-5 daytime, ongoing bookkeeping work.
- You have your own computer, fast internet and a suitable, professional office or quiet room in your home to conduct video conference meetings from during the day.
- You want to work as a contractor, not as an employee.
- You have a couple of existing bookkeeping clients and plan to keep them (we need you to, to maintain your status as a contractor) or are willing to secure some within the next few months.
- You need to be able to update the client's books at least every 3 days and you need to be able to return emails within 2-3 hours on weekdays.
- You are certified in Xero. Xero and QBO are the only accounting systems we use.