Virtual Bookkeeping Jobs in Canada
Apply now using the form below!
To apply, please carefully fill out the form below:
Current Status as of Nov 14, 2020:
- We are looking for a 25-40 hour a week virtual bookkeeper certified in QuickBooks Online or Xero.
We are a well-managed company with good clients and you can expect coaching and support from your manager, Jonathan. Jonathan is a former Procter & Gamble Brand Manager with extensive training and experience in managing teams.
Our team of virtual bookkeepers tell me they appreciate:
- Being part of a team for support and encouragement.
- The flexibility of the role which allows them to take care of their families and still enjoy meaningful work and build their careers.
- The quality of the clients we attract and the rewarding feeling of building good relationships with them over time.
- The coaching and support I provide.
- That we use state of the art software tools that they find efficient and useful.
Details of the role:
- You would be doing general bookkeeping including monthly reconciliations, sales tax management, payables & receivables, payroll, invoicing and bill payment.
- Our clients are smart, urban business people, mostly in software, tech, e-commerce, agencies, professional services, virtual events, holding companies, real estate, massage therapy and chiropractic or physiotherapy clinics. They are mostly in Ontario and BC. We have no restaurants, physical retailers, manufacturing, farming or trades clients.
- This role will start at 10 hours per week and could grow to 25-40 hours per week within 2-3 months based on how fast you want to ramp up.
- We only use Xero and QuickBooksOnline for accounting.
- You need to be comfortable learning new web-based software quickly. In addition to the above, we use HubDoc, Plooto, Wagepoint, ReceiptBank, WayPay, G-Suite, Financial Cents, Slack, Harvest and Zoom but there are new tools coming out on a regular basis and we will always want to help our clients use the latest and best tools.
Virtual bookkeeper job fit criteria:
To be considered a good fit for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You are legally able to work in Canada and you are physically based in Canada.
- You are a qualified, certified bookkeeper with a bookkeeping or accounting certification from a recognized Canadian college or program. We have a strong preference for candidates with the Certified Professional Bookkeeper certification from CPB Canada.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of cumulative Canadian bookkeeping experience.
- You speak, read and write English at a native speaker or fully bilingual level.
- You are looking for between 25 to 40 hours per week of primarily 9-5 daytime, ongoing, steady, bookkeeping work with monthly retained clients. If you want less than 15 hours per week, it's not a good fit for us.
- You have your own computer, fast internet and a suitable, professional office or quiet room in your home to conduct video conference meetings from during the day.
- You want to work as a contractor, not as an employee.
- You have a couple of existing bookkeeping clients and plan to keep them (we need you to, to maintain your status as a contractor) or are willing to secure some within the next few months.
- You need to be able to update the client's books at least every 2 days and you need to be able to return emails within 2-3 hours on weekdays.
- You are certified in Xero or Quickbooks Online. Xero and QBO are the only accounting systems we use. Quickbooks Desktop experience is not sufficient.